WorkJam is leading the charge in redefining employee engagement for the hourly-work economy.
Bring your competitive spirit, your love of innovation, and your desire to be at the forefront of an evolutionary change in our digital workforce. Now is the time to become a part of an exciting company where your ideas, passion and commitment to excellence will have a direct impact on the products that we build, the new markets we create and the people that we engage.
Our team is passionate about building technology that improves people’s lives. While we constantly push each other to perform and innovate, we enjoy a collaborative environment where we often let loose and have fun. Join our team for an intellectually challenging, fun and rewarding career as we transform the field of hourly workforce management.
About the WorkJam platform:
WorkJam’s mobile-first digital workplace platform is built to enable employers to better communicate with their hourly workers, enhance employee self-service and improve the customer experience through a more motivated and engaged staff. For employees, WorkJam delivers more control over their schedule providing improved work-life balance, as well as the opportunity to develop skills and maximize their economic well-being.
What you will be doing:
As part of the DevOps team, you will have the opportunity to work on a highly distributed enterprise micro-service SaaS platform. You will ensure that code can flow from the developers’ machine to the production environment smoothly, quickly and securely. This requires a focus on automation, documentation and creativity to make the process efficient, painless, reliable and secure.
- Maintenance of the CI and CD pipelines
- Management of monitoring and alerting
- Problem management, diagnosis and resolution with a distributed application (micro-services architecture)
- Develop and maintain automation tools and scripts
- Enhance performance management including bottleneck analysis and application performance monitoring and testing
- Provide operational and risk management
- Collaborate with all teams (cloud operators, developers, QA members and other staff) to provide and manage systems facilitating daily tasks
- Drive operational processes improvements to benefit the organization.
What you need to bring to this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- The ability to work anywhere in the stack: code, container, OS, cloud provider
- Technologies used include: Java, NodeJS, Go or Ruby, Angular, Nginx, Docker
- Experience with distributed systems and cloud operation (AWS)
- An obsession with making every task as efficient as possible
- A genuine interest in understanding how a system works no matter how complex it might be
- An understanding of what makes sense to automate from a business perspective
- You are passionate about new technology and would love working in an innovative team? This position is for you!
What’s in It for You:
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent Benefits Package
- Great Work / Life Balance
- Located near Downtown / Old Montreal: Metro Square Victoria / Lots of shops & restaurants.