API Technical Writer
WorkJam is leading the charge in redefining employee engagement for the hourly-work economy.
Bring your competitive spirit, your love of innovation, and your desire to be at the forefront of an evolutionary change in our digital workforce. Now is the time to become a part of an exciting company where your ideas, passion and commitment to excellence will have a direct impact on the products that we build, the new markets we create and the people that we engage.
Our team is passionate about building technology that improves people’s lives. While we constantly push each other to perform and innovate, we enjoy a collaborative environment where we often let loose and have fun. Join our team for an intellectually challenging, fun and rewarding career as we transform the field of hourly workforce management.
About the WorkJam Platform
WorkJam’s mobile-first digital workplace platform is built to enable employers to better communicate with their hourly workers, enhance employee self-service and improve the customer experience through a more motivated and engaged staff. For employees, WorkJam delivers more control over their schedule providing improved work-life balance, as well as the opportunity to develop skills and maximize their economic well-being.
What you will be doing:
As part of the Architecture team, you will develop and deliver high quality content by writing technical documentation covering the API of the WorkJam platform.
- Work with developers, architects and project managers to better understand their needs and business cases.
- Gather feedback, provide information, and communicate changes in the documentation.
- Create, edit, revise and produce content in the form of technical documentation, API definitions, integration guides, proper API usage examples, architectural diagrams, and user guides.
- Ensure that new documentation and templates have a set standard maintaining a consistent style, tone, and approach.
What you need to bring to this position:
- Bachelor (equivalent or higher) degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- 3+ years of experience at a high performing technology company in a technical writing position
- Experience with Swagger
- Excellent interpersonal and general business communication skills
- Has great attention to detail, is motivated and able to take initiative
- Strong understanding of agile development and frameworks
- Excellent strategic thinking, time management and prioritization skills
- Track record of successfully working with developers, PM and architects
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
What’s in It for You:
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent Benefits Package
- Great Work / Life Balance
- Located Downtown Montreal: Metro Square Victoria / Lots of shops & restaurants
You are a passionate about new technology and would love working in an innovative team? This position is for you!