Health, Safety, & Resiliency
The best news so far from 2021 is the mass production of 3 different vaccines with more options that might be approved by health authorities in the coming months. From this fabulous news, two major concerns for frontline employers immediately arise: Will these vaccines be required annually? How does this impact my resiliency program?
While science takes a closer look at the first question, we would like to offer an idea for the second.
As the number of vaccinated people surges to 40% of the U.S. population, employers are already thinking one step ahead to ensure the security of employees and customers. One of the questions that keeps coming up is how to track the vaccination status of associates.
As employers scale up their workforce, or recalibrate due to changes in their demand patterns, they along with their employees may benefit from a way of proving to local management their ability to work. Here’s why:
- Local rules and regulations could mandate it
- Work rules that distinguish between vaccinated and non-vaccinated employees could arise
- These rules could change the scheduling patterns
- As we learn more about the efficacy of the vaccines, rules and mandates will be subject to change
In order to create a resilient workforce under these conditions, the ability to track worker vaccinations and their expiration could become crucial, particularly should they become annual work requirements.
So how can WorkJam help?
Practically speaking, the first step is for employees to submit their proof of vaccination through a WorkJam survey. After review and approval by HR, the data is uploaded via IO Composer an HCM platform like Bamboo or ADP, where it becomes part of the employee record. From there, it can be:
- Made available to employees and managers as certification
- Synchronized with WFM systems like UKG or Blue Yonder to facilitate scheduling
- Used to trigger reminders for annual boosters or renewals
In order to drive adoption and compliance, management can inform about the benefits of vaccination via Dashboard Cards. Vaccination Badges can be used as additional criteria for specific shifts with increased risk of exposure. The process can be even further gamified via vaccination leaderboards between neighboring locations.
While this is all hypothetical at this point, Vaccination Badging is just one idea among many to help you navigate the ongoing management of the pandemic and increase the resilience of your workforce. Given WorkJam’s versatility and integration strength, you can also:
- Deploy daily Health Checks via surveys before potentially exposed employees start their shifts
- Reduce exposure risk by switching from shared clocking or punching devices to BYOD Mobile Punch (including full WFM integrations)
- Distribute Health & Safety Training
- Facilitate access to health experts via dedicated communication channels
- Create an FAQ and best practice library