Seven years ago today, we opened the doors of the first WorkJam office. While we didn’t have a name for our product or software segment that we would fit in, our vision was and has always remained — to bring the best productivity suite to the frontline.
From the beginning, the idea of dollars and hearts was fascinating to us — can we build software that can allow a company to pull dollars and cost out of the business while simultaneously winning the hearts of the frontline users on the platform? Seven years later this is exactly what we have done and continue to do every day with our amazing customers around the world. As time went on, WorkJam defined the space which is now called Frontline Digital Workplace.
Our mission remains very clear for the 250+ WorkJam Team Members:
- Build the best productivity suite for frontline focused on Communication, Task, Schedule, and Learning
- Continue to be the foremost experts on frontline compliance and how to deploy these projects at scale
- Allow companies to keep their core systems, but make them smarter and more accessible
- Integrate new platforms and centralize access and actions such as Dimensions, SuccessFactors, WorkDay, Legion, etc.
- Extend the life of older systems such as Kronos Workforce Central, JDA, home grown or other legacy systems that work well
- Modernize and make compliant their mobile experiences
- Be the best partner possible to our customers
What has been most interesting for WorkJam along the journey is the evolution of the topic and market. While the pandemic has been a trying time for everyone, one outcome has been the acceleration of digital transformation. WorkJam fits into any robust digital transformation strategy by digitizing the relationship and providing structured and unstructured digital communications to the field. The return is large and the impact on the new realities companies are facing is materially positive.
As examples of this, last week I spoke to customers, and here are some amazing stories:
- Sharing labor across brands in districts to deal with the labor shortage
- A decrease in time spent on tasks requiring less labor in the location and more time with customers
- A robust D&I education plan which is being enabled through WorkJam
- A new employee who was in awe by being welcomed and onboarded so quickly as a result of WorkJam
WorkJam has become part of the culture of many of our customers — ‘WorkJam’ has become a verb and we couldn’t be more proud.
After seven years, we wake up every day as energized as day 1. Our journey is just beginning, and we look at our international expansion, our roadmap, and our team with excitement and with a sense of urgency.
Our latest development has been one of the most interesting and fun projects. To take WorkJam, a monolithic platform, and make it portable and headless. The resulting evolution, WorkJam Everywhere, opens endless possibilities for companies to bring the best functionality to the user versus the user to WorkJam. Our work with Microsoft and other major platforms has been exhilarating and amazing to see WorkJam work so seamlessly with our solutions. Composable experiences and agility is the future and we continue to stay ahead of the innovation curve.
Happy Birthday WorkJam and many amazing years to come.
About the author:
Chief Executive Officer
Steven is a technology entrepreneur with over 20 years of executive leadership experience in founding and scaling companies developing disruptive, enterprise-class technologies. In 1999, Steven co-founded iCongo, a leading global software provider for omni-channel retail and B2B commerce solutions, which merged with hybris Software in 2011 and became the largest independent provider of e-commerce solutions with 27 offices worldwide, 1000+ employees and more than 600 customers. Steven was part of the Executive Management team and Board Member at hybris. hybris Software was purchased by SAP in 2013. While working with companies on their omni-channel strategies, Steven identified a gap between traditional workforce management systems and how companies actually hire, schedule and manage their frontline employees. With this in mind, Steven co-founded WorkJam.
Request a Demo
WorkJam is the platform industry leaders choose for true frontline orchestration: task management, training, communications, staffing, and more.